Topic #12- Reconciliation trip
The youth in the community in the film, 3rd World Canada host reconciliation trips every summer which have been very successful in creating bridges of friendships. They invite ordinary Canadians to spend a week in the homes of families and organize activities to teach guests about their community.
For your presentation select from:
- As a group present positive images of reconciliation through the efforts of these youth
- Demonstrate how even a remote community can shine a bright light on the issue of reconciliation and break down the isolation and ‘apartness’
- The film shows injustices and obstacles placed on reserves while the reconciliation trips shine a bright light on the community – what do the youth want to teach visitors about their Nation?
Below please find PDF documents for your research:
1. Collection of News Article on the Reconciliation Trip - PDF attached here
2. Trip Invitation letter and quotes from the Youth Leaders PDF attached here