Announcement Regarding 2018 trip:
It is with deep regret that we must inform you of the cancellation of this year's Reconciliation Trip to Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug (K.I.). Due to recent suicide tragedies the decision has been made to postpone the trip until further notice. The community asks for time and privacy to heal and recover from these tragedies. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Reconciliation Trips: highlights from past trips
The Youth of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug living in the remote Boreal forest of Northwestern Ontario invite you in their homes on an all-inclusive trip.
The youth & their community graciously open their homes to 25 Canadians and look forward to:
• An honest dialogue on their living conditions
• Sharing their pride in the beauty of their culture set in their pristine land on Big Trout Lake
• Making the invisible visible through an unforgettable act of friendship &reconciliation
.... More than anything, the youth want to create an opportunity to showcase:
their positive leadership and the spirit of their community to shine through.
Together, and with you, they will show that there is still hope and Nation-to-Nation unity that awaits us all.
Depart – Toronto, Ontario
Arrival – Kitchenuhmayooosib Inninuwug, Ontario
Capacity – 25 guests
Cost – $3,200 - all inclusive trip
Days – 7
Dates – TBA
Sample Activities & Amenities:
- Treaty re-enactment
- Tour of living conditions
- Lots of laughter and games
- Traditional meals with all of KI
- Visit to other reserves
- Hosted in a family
- water on-site tentative
- showers available
- Meals provided
- 3rd world living conditions
- Pure lake water, beautiful land & community spirit unlike any other in the world: a unique life-change trip inspired by the community pride they so generously share with guests to build friendships of reconciliation.