In this module we follow the creation and implementation of the Residential school system in Canada. We discuss the intergenerational trauma caused by the Residential school system and the creation of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
- Identify the creation and implementation of the Residential school system in Canada
- List the physical and psychological trauma experienced by First Nations, Metis and Inuit children in residential schools.
- Understand the impact of intergeneration-trauma on Indigenous communities caused by residential schools
- Learn from the first hand accounts of survivors of the residential school system
- Learn about a landmark settlement and the contribution of the ‘Truth and Reconciliation Commission’’.
Complete the following video (8:11 mins) before proceeding to the unit readings. Use the following password to access the video content below. Password: cedar
Readings: Residential schools
Complete the following readings (6 mins) before proceeding to the unit quiz.
Complete Module 4: Take the quiz